2012 World Telekinesis Competition
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
This is a game of competitive telekinesis in which two
teams compete over a distance to psychically influence the behavior of a
candle. The match is played by lighting a candle at the centre of the
game board, signalling the beginning of the game. When the candle is
extinguished the match is over. The object of the game is to have the
wax from the candle drip onto the opposing team's side of the board.
This objective is accomplished by remote telekinetic influence.
1. Eligibility and Scheduling
- The World Telekinesis Competition (WTC) is an Amateur event. Professional psychics are not eligible for participation.
- Players and teams must conform to submission requirements before being accepted for competition.
- Once accepted, it is the responsibility of each team to check the competition schedule and, where applicable, to maintain communication with WTC officials.
- Failure to confirm or respond to official communications from the WTC will result in the disqualification of the team.
- Teams are to be comprised of three (3) players.
- Team members are not required to compete from the same geographic location; however, it is the responsibility of the team to coordinate participation times among its composite members.
- Teams must agree to follow the rules and guidelines for competition, as set by the WTC.
- Gameboards for the competition can be downloaded from the downloads section of the WTC site. Candles can be purchased by individual teams for their own training and competitive use. While the official gameboard and candle will be located at the sponsor site of the WTC, teams are encouraged to make use of the downloadable versions for concentration and/or meditative purposes.
- The date and time of each match will be set by the WTC and confirmed in advance by each team.
- Match times will be given in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- All matches will occur at a WTC approved location.
- Competition game candles will be of standard tealight variety, white, non-scented, with the foil housing removed.
- At the agreed upon time, the competition game candle will be lit, signaling the beginning of the match.
- Each match will last for 60 minutes, or until the game candle is extinguished, whichever occurs first.
- In the event of a tie at the end of one hour, the match will go into sudden death.
- The team that accumulates the most wax on their opponent's side of the gameboard will be deemed the winner.
- The winner will be determined by a WTC referee at the site of the competition.
- Teams must use only psychic energy to influence the candle. Psychic energy is defined as mental influence, whether in person or remotely, and may include such skills as telekinesis, channeling, remote viewing, esp, astral projection, psychic projection, wishing, intending, concentrating.
- Teams deemed cheating by the referee will be disqualified.
- The referee will be nominated or chosen by the WTC.
- The referee will begin the match by lighting the game candle, and will end the match after 60 minutes or when the candle is extinguished, whichever occurs first.
- The referee will be present for the duration of the competition and will document the gameboard upon completion of the match.
- Results of each competition will be determined by the referee and made public immediately following the completion of the match.
- Documentation of match gameboards will be posted on the WTC website along with the results of the competition.
- In cases where the winner is not immediately identifiable, the referee will consult with WTC officials to determine the outcome of a match.
6. The Competition
- The match schedule will be determined in advance of the competition and will be made public on the WTC website.
- Two (2) teams will compete in each match, according to the results of a random draw.
- The winning team from each match will advance to the subsequent round of the competition, and the losing team will be eliminated from the competition.
- The winner of the WTC final match will be declared the winner of the World Telekinesis Competition.